- 1 [as submodifier] Nearly; almost: virtually all those arrested were accused the college became virtually bankruptMore example sentences
- The building was virtually destroyed in the blaze, which broke out late on Saturday night.
- They headed out before the nightclub closed, which was virtually a first for Mac.
- Olive had found the meadow quite charming and had virtually claimed it as her own.
- 2By means of virtual reality techniques.More example sentences
- On the other, the community is only virtually there, and disappears with the flick of a button.
- 2.1By means of a computer; computationally.More example sentences
- Pretty much any control button found on a handheld console can be imitated virtually on screen.