- 1Of or relating to the viscera: the visceral nervous systemMore example sentences
- Thoracic and abdominal visceral involvement and hepatosplenomegaly were absent.
- A visceral pleural line is seen without distal lung markings.
- Its decline is associated with renal failure and visceral gout.
- 1.1Relating to deep inward feelings rather than to the intellect: the voters' visceral fear of changeMore example sentences
- Are too many writers coming from an intellectual rather than a visceral view of the world?
- The driving anger is far deeper and both more visceral and more principled.
- Were you ever tempted to beef things up to create a visceral, rather than emotional reaction?
- More example sentences
- In these lineaments, the figure spoke viscerally of situations of dominance and slavery, it demonstrated men as machines rather than as gods, women as victims rather than as goddesses.
- We came together out of a desire to make protest more appealing - visually, physically, emotionally, viscerally, etc.
- A napalmed Vietnamese girl running down a road, a young American with his insides spilling out - such images viscerally showed the horror of war.