Definition of visceral in English:
1.1Relating to deep inward feelings rather than to the intellect: the voters' visceral fear of change
More example sentences
- Are too many writers coming from an intellectual rather than a visceral view of the world?
- The driving anger is far deeper and both more visceral and more principled.
- Were you ever tempted to beef things up to create a visceral, rather than emotional reaction?
- Example sentences
- In these lineaments, the figure spoke viscerally of situations of dominance and slavery, it demonstrated men as machines rather than as gods, women as victims rather than as goddesses.
- We came together out of a desire to make protest more appealing - visually, physically, emotionally, viscerally, etc.
- A napalmed Vietnamese girl running down a road, a young American with his insides spilling out - such images viscerally showed the horror of war.
Words that rhyme with visceralcorporal • tesseral
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.