Definition of visceral in English:
1.1Relating to deep inward feelings rather than to the intellect: the voters' visceral fear of change
More example sentences
- Are too many writers coming from an intellectual rather than a visceral view of the world?
- The driving anger is far deeper and both more visceral and more principled.
- Were you ever tempted to beef things up to create a visceral, rather than emotional reaction?
- Example sentences
- In these lineaments, the figure spoke viscerally of situations of dominance and slavery, it demonstrated men as machines rather than as gods, women as victims rather than as goddesses.
- We came together out of a desire to make protest more appealing - visually, physically, emotionally, viscerally, etc.
- A napalmed Vietnamese girl running down a road, a young American with his insides spilling out - such images viscerally showed the horror of war.
Words that rhyme with visceralcorporal • tesseral
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan