Definition of viscid in English:
Glutinous; sticky: the viscid mucus lining of the intestine
More example sentences
- It is not difficult to imagine that once pleural fluid has turned into frank pus, which is viscid and sticky, that simply removing loculations will not necessarily lead to efficient drainage.
- The development of sticky viscid silk is thought to be an important evolutionary innovation as that silk is more effective at snagging passing insects than the non-sticky variety.
- Phlegm is motionless, viscid, sticky, heavy, inert, cold, soft, and white.
- Example sentences
- Its functions are viscidity, nourishment, the binding of joints, the solidarity of the body, and the maintenance of sexual vigour.
- It is not entirely soluble in water, to which it imparts less viscidity than ordinary Gum Acacia.
- The granules are very uniform in size and dissolubility is very high with a viscidity of 61.5.
Definition of viscid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan