- 1A viscous orange-brown solution obtained by treating cellulose with sodium hydroxide and carbon disulfide, used as the basis of manufacturing rayon fiber and transparent cellulose film.More example sentences
- The first step in the manufacture of rayon is to make viscose.
- 1.1Rayon fabric or fiber made from this.More example sentences
- The kurtis in cotton, lycra, viscose georgette, linen embellished with delicate embroidery, sequined tops in white, black, red, beige and pastel shades look simple but hep.
- Also very summery are the whitewashed pastel cotton pants, bold cotton stripes and abstract floral prints and pinstripes on denim, cotton satin and viscose stretch fabrics.
- The Dressman is suitable for shirts made from silk, viscose, cotton, linen, flannel and all other non-stretch materials.
late 19th century: from late Latin viscosus, from Latin viscus 'birdlime'.
More definitions of viscoseDefinition of viscose in:
- The British & World English dictionary