Definition of visitor in English:
1A person visiting a person or place, especially socially or as a tourist.
- Their view will be that of the outsider, the visitor, the tourist.
- This is a wonderful development in the area and was much needed to facilitate the local visitor and the passing tourists.
- She was a frequent visitor to the local garden centres in the city and county and her garden was a testimony to her love of shrubs and flowers.
1.1 (usually visitors) A member of a sports team on tour or playing away from home.
- No mean achievement this, as the visitors ' first team are two leagues above Ilkley.
- Robinson added the extra two and a further penalty when the visitors strayed offside.
- A penalty put the visitors back to within one goal as the teams went into overdrive.
1.2chiefly British A person with the right or duty of occasionally inspecting and reporting on a college or other academic institution.
- Upstairs, the visitor sees that a group of 3rd-graders are also having a math lesson.
- First off, Michael Briggs managed to thwart a formal inquiry by appealing to the university visitor.
1.3 Ornithology A migratory bird present in a locality for only part of the year.
- As we were leaving, we stopped to admire the cardinals at the bird feeder by the visitor's center.
- Sharath Babu says the golden oriole is an attractive bird, a winter visitor to Bangalore.
- Ice free, fresh water will help attract birds to your garden and make them regular visitors.