1North American A stiff brim at the front of a cap.
- It is a six-panel constructed mid-crown, 100% cotton twill front and visor with heavy garment wash.
- Caps are 12.5 oz. wool blend and have buckram-backed front panels, pre-curved visors, and grey undervisors.
- I put on my brown bomber jacket and my white beanie with the visor on the front.
1.1A movable part of a helmet that can be pulled down to cover the face.
- Hayden pulled down the visor of his helmet as the sun rose higher.
- The helmet had a monochrome visor that covered the entire face, which made him feel as though he were in a dark closet.
- Pulling the visor up on the helmet I repeated my previous statement and smacked him on the arm.
1.2A screen for protecting the eyes from unwanted light, especially one at the top of a vehicle windshield.
- Then I added a few other odds and ins such as euro lights, window visors, floor mats, racing pedals, and headlight covers.
- Consider, for example, an automotive visor, It is a two-piece part (excluding the mounting hardware).
- Light therapy is the recommended first-line treatment for SAD. Light boxes are most often used for light therapy, but dawn light simulation and light visors are also available.
1.3 historical A mask.
- The young Spellweaver could barely make out his face, which was masked by a full visor.
- Example sentences
- If, when I watched Len Hutton open the batting for Yorkshire, someone had predicted that, one day, batsmen would wear chest protectors, arm-guards and visored helmets, I would have assumed that they had read too much science fiction.
- A black, visored wraparound motorcycle helmet sat on the seat between them.
- According to a study by The Hockey News, 38 percent of the league's skaters are visored, roughly a 3 percent increase over 2003-04 and an all-time high.
Words that rhyme with visoradviser, chastiser, coryza, despiser, deviser, divisor, Dreiser, Eliza, incisor, Kaiser, Liza, miser, Mount Isa, provisor, reviser, riser, sizer
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.