Definition of vital statistics in English:
1Quantitative data concerning a population, such as the number of births, marriages, and deaths.
- Still within the tradition of political economy, these statisticians saw population and vital statistics as given facts which derived from natural and economic laws.
- Information on infant deaths was collected from vital statistics monitored by Statistics Norway.
- ‘Today we define census as an official counting of a country's population, usually with vital statistics, a process of equality and not status,’ he explained.
2 informal The measurements of a woman’s bust, waist, and hips.
- The research studied Swedish women who were aged between 38 and 60 when they had their vital statistics measured between 1968 and 1969.
- And if you thought modelling was all about vital statistics here's news: Rathore asked the models 10 questions and judged them on the basis of intelligence, versatility and looks.
- Actually, it probably had more to do with the fact that my vital statistics repeated the same remarkably low number three times.
Definition of vital statistics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan