- A transparent membrane surrounding and secreted by the fertilized ovum, preventing the entry of further spermatozoa.More example sentences
- Each embryo is surrounded, from exterior to interior, by the chorion, the vitelline membrane and the embryonic membrane.
- The cortical granule contents contribute to the vitelline membrane to form the fertilization membrane, and also provide a hyaline layer between it and the egg's plasma membrane.
- Transcript destabilization fails in mutants with a defective vitelline membrane.
More definitions of vitelline membraneDefinition of vitelline membrane in:
- The British & World English dictionary