- The yolk of an egg or ovum.More example sentences
- With a center core, the darker core areas appear like fish egg vitellus and crustacean inner organs.
- Fish eggs can be round with the hook passed through or half round with the egg vitellus in the form of colored yarn waving out the flat side along the shaft of the hook.
- In no case, when comparing embryos from the same uterus, was the presence of vitellus found in only part of the embryos observed; neither was it found in small quantities.
early 18th century: from Latin, literally 'yolk'.
More definitions of vitellusDefinition of vitellus in:
- The British & World English dictionary