- The transparent jellylike tissue filling the eyeball behind the lens. Compare with aqueous humor.More example sentences
- The part of the eyeball behind the lens is filled with a jelly called vitreous humour.
- The vitreous humor is between the back of the lens and the retina.
- The cornea, the pupillary opening within the iris, the lens, and the aqueous and vitreous humor combine to form the refractive media of the eye.
More definitions of vitreous humorDefinition of vitreous humor in:
- The British & World English dictionary