- A mineral consisting of a phosphate of iron that occurs as a secondary mineral in ore deposits. It is colorless when fresh but becomes blue or green with oxidization.More example sentences
- This polished section of a tooth crown reveals figure-eight patterns of the blue mineral vivianite, a phosphate of iron.
- Occurrences of gypsum crystals and vivianite in drift are also noteworthy.
- Crystals and fine-grained masses of vivianite are present.
early 19th century: named after John H. Vivian (1785–1855), British mineralogist, + -ite1.
More definitions of vivianiteDefinition of vivianite in:
- The British & World English dictionary