- A piece of narration in a movie or broadcast, not accompanied by an image of the speaker.More example sentences
- The intrigue is accompanied by a voice-over commentary, just in case you don't understand, and haphazard flashbacks to remind you of her traumatic childhood.
- There is no dialogue, but a pompous voice-over narration explains everything that is going on, just in case we are too dim to figure it out.
- On the actual broadcast, voice-overs and promos pretty much ruined the piece.
More definitions of voice-overDefinition of voice-over in:
- The British & World English dictionary