- A thin, plain-weave, semitransparent fabric of cotton, wool, or silk.More example sentences
- He added big floral prints drenched with reminiscence and balanced retro-looking fabrics like lightweight cotton voile and washed twill with modern nylon and Lycra blends.
- Key materials for winter 2005 include mohair, wool, voile and leather.
- Fabrics are those of traditional lingerie, such as cotton, in a range of textures: batiste, voile, gauze.
late 19th century: French, literally 'veil'.
More definitions of voileDefinition of voile in:
- The British & World English dictionary