- French term for vox angelica.More example sentences
- He spoke of the Salicional, voix celestes, vox angelica and lieblich gedact as stops of distinctive character.
- Eventually a new motherboard was fitted which sorted that problem but killed three other stops - unda maris and voix celeste which I don't really care for anyway, and the 12 th on the Swell which I was a bit sorry to lose.
- His designs rejected the baroque model in favour of a more expressive and ` romantic’ instrument, of which a new, highly sensitive swell mechanism, his deployment of the voix celestes and voix humaine stops and a distinctive character he imparted to swell reeds were the most significant features.
late 19th century: French voix céleste, literally 'heavenly voice'.
More definitions of voix celesteDefinition of voix celeste in:
- The British & World English dictionary