Definition of volleyball in English:
1A game for two teams, usually of six players, in which a large ball is hit by hand over a high net, the aim being to score points by making the ball reach the ground on the opponent’s side of the court.
- The Zambia team will compete in several events among them volleyball, netball, table tennis and swimming.
- In addition, Sydney fielded teams in soccer, volleyball, basketball and rugby.
- These include track events for athletes and team events in netball, soccer and volleyball.
1.1The inflated ball used in volleyball.
- Don't come at me with a volleyball because all I have to do is STAND THERE and my team will win.
- He finds a volleyball in a parcel and names it Wilson, talking to it as if it were human.
- Whether or not you can spike a mean volleyball, there is a lot to be said for being tall.
Words that rhyme with volleyballracquetball • basketball
Definition of volleyball in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan