Less common term for voluntarism (sense 1).
- With voluntaryism and self-improvement went self-respect, a code of honesty and a sense of respectability.
- It seems to me that the left-anarchist is too ready to confuse voluntaryism with mainstream economics.
- Others felt that given the lack of voluntaryism, an incentives approach would have been better.
- Example sentences
- From time to time, you may like to talk with family and friends about your voluntaryist beliefs.
- This ordinance was also bitterly opposed by voluntaryists in the council and throughout the colony, but in 1848 it came into operation for three years.
- ‘I am a voluntaryist,’ the man said, tripping slightly over the awkward term.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of voluntaryism in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.