nounchiefly North American
- The use or involvement of volunteer labor, especially in community services.More example sentences
- The organization has become well known and takes pride in its community service projects and volunteerism as well as its support for its fellow stay-at-home moms.
- Teenagers have amazingly high levels of volunteerism and community service, yet many feel turned off by politics.
- The Navy takes great pride in its volunteerism and community service - so much so, there is a medal for outstanding volunteer service.
More definitions of volunteerismDefinition of volunteerism in:
- The British & World English dictionary