Definition of voluntourism in English:
A form of tourism in which travelers participate in voluntary work, typically for a charity: at the core of voluntourism is the desire to help others [as modifier]: voluntourism programs
More example sentences
- Voluntourism is an experience-based way to enjoy a country and discover its people at a grassroots level.
- Particularly when traveling internationally, the biggest expense with voluntourism is getting there.
- We will offer voluntourism, fun, and great adventure with like-minded travellers.
- Example sentences
- Close to three hundred voluntourists have visited Fiji since April last year.
- In between projects, voluntourists have the chance to visit places such as Monkey Land or go bungee-jumping at the Bloukrans Bridge.
- Voluntourists are giving up all-inclusive beach resorts in the Caribbean for the opportunity to help others.
Definition of voluntourism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan