(also whacko) informal , chiefly North American
Definition of wacko in English:
Mad; insane: his willingness to pursue every wacko idea that enters his mind
More example sentences
- Equally disturbing is what sort of messed up wacko ideas are floating around their heads regarding what is going on in the real world.
- One of the perks of Adrants is that it spots new, whacko trends in the advertising world just about sooner than anyone.
- I'd already done the book on Cobain's murder and I didn't want to get typecast in the book world as this wacko conspiracy nut.
noun (plural wackos)Back to top
A crazy person.
- In any case, I do think that trying to characterize the anti-war movement by the wackos is just what I said: a misrepresentation of the political opposition.
- This is not to say we didn't get our share of itinerant whackos.
- It appears to me to be one whacko testifying against another.
Definition of wacko in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan