- 1A very thin, light, crisp, sweet cookie or cracker, especially one of a kind eaten with ice cream.More example sentences
- Remove the ice cream from the mould and serve with wafer biscuits or ice cream topping.
- I do have a sweet tooth, particularly for Italian chocolate wafers and mini Cornettos.
- Dessert is a few small sugar wafers in yet another cellophane package.
- 1.1A thin disk of unleavened bread used in the Eucharist.More example sentences
- Is it all right to chew the wafer or bread in communion or should I simply let it dissolve in my mouth as I was taught?
- Church doctrine holds that Communion wafers, like the bread served at the Last Supper, must have at least some unleavened wheat.
- Meantime, EBay has moved to stop the auction of a Eucharist wafer said to have been blessed by Pope John Paul II.
- 1.2 Electronics A very thin slice of a semiconductor crystal used as the substrate for solid-state circuitry.More example sentences
- Disclosed is a method for making reliable interconnect structures on a semiconductor wafer having a first dielectric layer.
- Therefore, we can have thousands of devices on a single wafer.
- The company's costs have risen dramatically thanks to its investment in 300 mm wafer fabs.
- 1.4A round, thin piece of something: a wafer of iceMore example sentences
- Lia gently lifted up one of the half-collapsed shelves, careful not to get her hand caught between the two splintered wafers of wood.
- DNA chips are elegantly simple in concept: thin wafers of glass or plastic embedded with strips of DNA.
- The samples of solar wind particles, collected on ultra-pure wafers of gold, sapphire, silicon and diamond were designed to be returned for analysis by Earth-bound scientists.
verb[with object] • rare Back to top
- Fasten or seal (a letter, document, etc.) with a wafer.More example sentences
- The document was originally tied with narrow red and blue ribbons, which were attached to the signature page by a wafered impression of the seal of the United States.
- More example sentences
- I had one further mission, to investigate the famous Moroccan pastilla - a parcel of wafery pastry filled with an exotic concoction of meat, almonds, spices, sugar and eggs.
- The bottom layer of the cake had a crispy, wafery crunch, and it was decorated with an X and O.
- It's a thin layer of cheap chocolate wrapped around some sort of inexpensive wafery stuff with nutty, creamy stuff inside.
More definitions of waferDefinition of wafer in:
- The British & World English dictionary