(British also waggoner)
- The driver of a horse-drawn wagon.More example sentences
- The wagoner's job was to load the wagon with feed for the regiment's horses and mules and to drive it.
- He was many years horse feeder and waggoner for the late William Jackson, stage wagon proprietor of Fairburn.
- The wagoners were terrified and whipped the oxen into charging.
mid 16th century: from Dutch wagenaar, from wagen (see wagon).
More definitions of wagonerDefinition of wagoner in:
- The British & World English dictionary