- A large predatory tropical marine fish of the mackerel family, prized as a game fish.
More example sentences
- Acanthocybium solanderi, family Scombridae
- Weeds in blue water attract significant numbers of sailfish and wahoo during the summer months.
- By the time you reboard each evening, chef Charlie Wang will have your pan-seared wahoo waiting.
- Skewered chunks of wahoo, a firm, white fish, come in a garlicky scampi butter that turns them irresistible.
early 20th century: of unknown origin.
1940s: probably a natural exclamation.