adjective & adverb
- Of or at a depth to reach the waist: [as adjective]: the waist-deep water [as adverb]: Ellwood stood waist-deep in the waterMore example sentences
- We finally drifted into waist-deep water and dragged the boat onto the beach.
- More than three weeks after the floods began, water still lies waist-deep or higher in some areas.
- They waded waist-deep in the grass in a compact body bearing an improvised stretcher in their midst.
More definitions of waist-deepDefinition of waist-deep in:
- The British & World English dictionary