Definition of waistline in English:
1An imaginary line around a person’s body at the waist, especially with respect to its size: eliminating inches from the waistline
More example sentences
- Simply enter your weight and waistline measurements, the body shaper's built-in microprocessor will then automatically calculate and accumulate the burnt out calories.
- Irish waistlines are expanding - half of the population is officially overweight and one in eight is obese, a 30% increase since 2000.
- It's an ideal option for the growing number of drinkers and clubbers who are keen to watch their waistlines.
1.1The shaping and position of the waist of a garment.
- What caught my eye first was that he was wearing a jacket with a waistline seam - not a full-blown Norfolk jacket, less obtrusive than that, but in that class.
- Necklines are going down and waistlines going up!
- We love the tailored waistline and flared skirt.
Words that rhyme with waistlinebaseline, bassline
Definition of waistline in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan