Definition of wait list in English:
another term for waiting list.
- It also wants the government to increase funding to reduce wait lists for surgery at B.C. hospitals and give doctors more say in rebuilding the health system, he said.
- It had better: Toyota has a six-month-plus wait list.
- Put it on your wait list and they just mail it to you.
verb(wait-list) [with object] Back to top
Put (someone) on a waiting list.
- I was clearly informed by Cathay Pacific that I was within the first few wait-listed passengers and I was almost guaranteed the seat if I arrived on time.
- We reach Dick at the Quebec city airport, where he's wait-listed for a flight to Ottawa.
- Another disgusted mother told the one private school where her son was wait-listed to just forget it - and put him into public school.
Definition of wait list in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan