Definition of wait list in English:
another term for waiting list.
- It also wants the government to increase funding to reduce wait lists for surgery at B.C. hospitals and give doctors more say in rebuilding the health system, he said.
- It had better: Toyota has a six-month-plus wait list.
- Put it on your wait list and they just mail it to you.
verb(wait-list) [with object] Back to top
Put (someone) on a waiting list.
- I was clearly informed by Cathay Pacific that I was within the first few wait-listed passengers and I was almost guaranteed the seat if I arrived on time.
- We reach Dick at the Quebec city airport, where he's wait-listed for a flight to Ottawa.
- Another disgusted mother told the one private school where her son was wait-listed to just forget it - and put him into public school.
Definition of wait list in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.