- A tactic in which one refrains from action for a time in order to act more effectively at a later date or stage: policemen were playing a waiting game outside a country cottageMore example sentences
- This waiting game is a true lesson in powerlessness, and I don't like it.
- The waiting game Veronica was playing with him - no, with the entire class - was driving them all nuts.
- Mitsubishi Motors and Mitsubishi Australia are playing a tense waiting game.
More definitions of waiting gameDefinition of waiting game in:
- The British & World English dictionary