- A room provided for the use of people who are waiting to be seen by a doctor or dentist or who are waiting in a station for a bus or train.More example sentences
- Many ICUs do not have private rooms near waiting rooms where doctors and nurses can consult and inform family members in confidence.
- Take the magazine I picked up recently in the waiting room of my daughter's music school.
- Patients waiting for appointments had to sit in the main corridors because there wasn't even a waiting room.
More definitions of waiting roomDefinition of waiting room in:
- The British & World English dictionary