- 1A ridge on a textured woven fabric such as corduroy.More example sentences
- Liberty, a firm based in the United Kingdom, has begun printing on fine wale lightweight corduroy, noted Ed Harding, the firm's U.S. agent.
- Tailored of fine thin-wale corduroy this smooth cotton sport shirt from Martin Gordon offers a modern take on a classic fabric.
- In case of Corduroy, we will use, either 8 wale corduroy (about 320 gsm), or 14 wale corduroy (about 300 gsm) in 100% cotton or cotton/spandex blend.
- 2 Nautical A plank running along the side of a wooden ship, thicker than the usual planking, and strengthening and protecting the hull.More example sentences
- Michael gives measurements for the height of the wale at the midship frame.
- 3A horizontal band around a woven basket.More example sentences
- A wale is an almost unnoticeable, but very important band of weave.
- An example of this is the round linen basket where the wales have been woven in white willow.
late Old English walu 'stripe, weal'.
More definitions of waleDefinition of wale in:
- The British & World English dictionary