- 1A piece of lumber laid horizontally in or on a wall as a support for a girder, rafter, or joist.More example sentences
- The wall plate supporting the ground floor structure was not isolated from the damp walls and was, itself, damp.
- Use construction adhesive rather than nails or screws to adhere your bottom wall plate to the floor.
- The lead was dressed over the top of the fascia boards and, on the inside, it was dressed over the wall plate and the lower part of each rafter.
- 2A metal plate fixed to a wall for attaching a bracket, wiring, or other device.More example sentences
- She saw the wall plate near the door to the dining room.
- A wall plate will be permanently displayed there to acknowledge the generous contributions to providing the new facilities.
- As well as that, each subscriber will get a parchment receipt in the form of a replica of the new building, and their name will be recorded on a permanent wall plate in the new boathouse for posterity.
More definitions of wall plateDefinition of wall plate in:
- The British & World English dictionary