Definition of wall rocket in English:
A yellow-flowered European plant that resembles mustard and emits a foul smell when crushed.
- Diplotaxis muralis, family Brassicaceae
- The perennial wall rocket can be easily mistaken for the Wild Turnip at first glance because the yellow flowers and slender fruit pods are very similar.
- There were some interesting flowers here, including the yellow, rather wallflower-like wall rocket - of which I failed to get a decent photo.
- Wild arugula (also called wall rocket; botanically Diplotaxis muralis) has small, fleshy leaves and tastes peppery, clean, and sharp.
Definition of wall rocket in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan