Definition of wallaby in English:
noun (plural wallabies)
An Australasian marsupial that is similar to, but smaller than, a kangaroo.
- Family Macropodidae: several genera and numerous species, including the agile wallaby (Macropus agilis)
- And all these animals lived there-big glider possums, pygmy possums, koalas, kangaroos and wallabies, wombats, platypus, just everything in the trees, on the ground and in the creeks.
- It is also my first chance to see the wonderfully unique wildlife here; kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, pademelons, possums, and various unique birds.
- So the extension of the term ‘marsupial’ is the set of all marsupials: kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, and so on.
early 19th century: from Dharuk walabi or waliba.
Words that rhyme with wallabyWilloughby • wannabe
Definition of wallaby in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan