A Eurasian songbird related to the nuthatches, having mainly gray plumage with broad bright red wings, and living among rocks in mountainous country.
- Tichodroma muraria, family Sittidae (or Tichodromadidae)
More example sentences
- In stark contrast to my failure with umbrellabirds was our success and satisfaction of our session with my most-wanted Eurasian bird, the wallcreeper.
- Clarke then left on a bird-watching holiday among the Mecklenburg lakes in northern Germany in search, according to aides, of the rock partridge, wallcreeper, middle spotted woodpecker and elusive penduline tit.
- This site held two wintering wallcreepers but on the two occasions I visited we did not find them.
Definition of wallcreeper in:
- The British & World English dictionary