Definition of wallcreeper in English:
A Eurasian songbird related to the nuthatches, having mainly gray plumage with broad bright red wings, and living among rocks in mountainous country.
- Tichodroma muraria, family Sittidae (or Tichodromadidae)
- In stark contrast to my failure with umbrellabirds was our success and satisfaction of our session with my most-wanted Eurasian bird, the wallcreeper.
- Clarke then left on a bird-watching holiday among the Mecklenburg lakes in northern Germany in search, according to aides, of the rock partridge, wallcreeper, middle spotted woodpecker and elusive penduline tit.
- This site held two wintering wallcreepers but on the two occasions I visited we did not find them.
Definition of wallcreeper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan