Definition of walnut in English:
1The large wrinkled edible seed of a deciduous tree, consisting of two halves contained within a hard shell that is enclosed in a green fruit.
- Roasted pecans, walnuts, or pumpkin seeds are a nice addition.
- All I remembered about the salad was Roquefort, fennel, walnuts, Burgundy-poached pears, and dried figs on the greens.
- I combined the skin chunks with toasted walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and a bit of spices.
2 (also walnut tree) The tall tree that produces the walnut, with compound leaves and valuable ornamental timber that is used chiefly in cabinetmaking and gunstocks.
- Genus Juglans, family Juglandaceae: several species, including the common (or English) walnut (J. regia) and the black walnut (J. nigra)
- If you pick a walnut from a walnut tree and find it extremely difficult to crack, it shouldn't come as any surprise, as walnuts are literally one of the toughest nuts to crack.
- Then Walter Jacob described how he and his brother had constructed a Philadelphia Chippendale style high - boy from a walnut tree for the tree's owner.
- A simple cemented courtyard around the walnut tree offers five pine table and bench sets, each for six to eight people.
Definition of walnut in:
- British & World English dictionary