- A very large albatross of southern oceans, having white plumage with black wings and a wingspan of up to 11 feet (3.3 m).
More example sentences
- Diomedea exulans, family Diomedeidae
- Giant petrels, wandering albatrosses, penguins and other sea birds are getting caught in fishing tackle and dying by the tens of thousands.
- The wandering albatross is the largest of all albatrosses, with a wingspan of up to 3.5 meters.
- The wandering albatross, king penguins, hundreds of pelagic birds, sea lions, and icebergs will be there, too.
More definitions of wandering albatrossDefinition of wandering albatross in:
- The British & World English dictionary