adjective• informal , chiefly British
- Denoting a soccer player who wants to move to another club: it was the wantaway striker who was at the center of the action we can’t have wantaways in the team—it’s disruptiveMore example sentences
- Spurs have tabled a £3.5m bid for wantaway Wanderers striker Michael Ricketts according to reports on Friday.
- The new Leeds boss had a heart-to-heart with the want-away midfielder within minutes of arriving at the club's Wetherby training ground.
- Molesey's want-away players have been criticised by new manager Ian Hazel, who says they harbour inflated opinions of themselves.
More definitions of wantawayDefinition of wantaway in:
- The British & World English dictionary