- /ˈwôr ˌkloudz/ A threatening situation of instability in international relations: the war clouds were loomingMore example sentences
- It looks like just as monsoon clouds gather, the war clouds are dispersing.
- As the war clouds over India and Pakistan begin to drift away, we can perhaps afford the luxury of turning our attention to less life-threatening issues.
- As war clouds gather in the hellish heat of summer, and the Kashmir tragedy continues to unfold, it is worth pondering the state of affairs we find ourselves in.
More definitions of war cloudsDefinition of war clouds in:
- The British & World English dictionary