Definition of warbler in English:
1Any of a number of small insectivorous songbirds that typically have a warbling song.
- ● (also wood warbler) A New World bird of the subfamily Parulinae, family Emberizidae. ● An Old World bird of the family Sylviidae, which includes the blackcap, whitethroat, and chiffchaff.
- Songbirds like warblers, orioles, tanagers, grosbeaks, and sparrows are far from the only birds that display dimorphism.
- While song sparrows and yellow warblers, two of the most common cowbird eggs' hosts, are not deep woods birds, these small songbirds are unable to compete with the wildly proliferating numbers of cowbirds.
- Our target species these past weeks were not raptors, waders, or waterfowl, but were, in fact, songbirds, specifically warblers.
Definition of warbler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan