Definition of warehousing in English:
1The practice or process of storing goods in a warehouse.
- The Council approved an order to accommodate two planning applications seeking to develop a toy store and retail warehousing with car parking at a site on Mercy Road.
- Indeed, there are plenty of software programs and accompanying units that can help dairy processors better manage their warehousing and distribution processes.
- The Korea Region has contractors developing integrated processes that will address warehousing, logistics, and an in- and out-processing system.
1.1Warehouses considered collectively.
- The development plans to include three million square feet of built warehousing and includes parking facilities for up to 15,000 vehicles.
- The new centre will comprise 150,000 square feet of warehousing, loading bays, offices and associated facilities.
- The former Waterford Crystal site is zoned for 110,000 square foot of retail warehousing.
1.2 informal The practice of placing people, typically prisoners or psychiatric patients, in large, impersonal institutions.
- Too much emphasis is placed on secure institutionalization and warehousing, but not enough attention is paid to education, family empowerment, behavior change, life skills and employment training.
- The goal of rehabilitation was long ago replaced with that of warehousing, and now the only real goal is to warehouse cheaply.
- Instead, we are warehousing literally millions of people who rot away, spending 23 or more hours a day in a cage, day after day after day.
Definition of warehousing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia