Definition of warfarin in English:
A water-soluble compound with anticoagulant properties, used as a rat poison and in the treatment of thrombosis.
- A coumarin derivative; chemical formula: C19H16O4
- Omitted prescription medications included such drugs as oxycodone, warfarin, and insulin.
- Whether warfarin was superior to aspirin for stroke prevention was unclear prior to WARSS.
- Comparison of warfarin and aspirin for symptomatic intracranial arterial stenosis.
1950s: from the initial letters of Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation + -arin on the pattern of coumarin.
Definition of warfarin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.