(also war gaming)
1The action of playing a war game as a leisure activity or exercise in personal development.
- We believe those experts can be developed and nurtured through the time-tested practice of wargaming - particularly if they learn, along the way, that you can't win 'em all.
- Unfortunately, the use of wargaming in the American military is not universal.
1.1The action of engaging in a campaign or course of action using the strategies of a military exercise.
- The interesting mix of military history and wargaming is important to the profession of arms.
- Then some years later wargaming would be formally adopted by that country's military.
- Soviet wargaming could not adjudicate the strategic impacts of air power.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of wargaming in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.