- A military commander, especially an aggressive regional commander with individual autonomy.More example sentences
- The US is buying off regional warlords and militia commanders for a variety of reasons.
- Last week Karzai threatened to resign unless regional warlords paid more revenue into central government coffers.
- The regional and local warlords who were the key allies of the US against the Taliban are not advocates of women's rights.
More definitions of warlordDefinition of warlord in:
- The British & World English dictionary