- An airplane designed and equipped to engage in air combat or to drop bombs.More example sentences
- He said that about a dozen warplanes had dropped bombs on the target, accompanied by support planes.
- RAF and United States warplanes bombed three sites in southern Iraq yesterday in the biggest display of allied air power for six months.
- In the meantime, there were repeated air strikes on the city from US warplanes and helicopter gunships.
More definitions of warplaneDefinition of warplane in:
- The British & World English dictionary