- 1(Especially in former times) a brave or experienced soldier or fighter.More example sentences
- The kings would go out surrounded by leopards and legions of warriors.
- Our soldiers must be warriors who understand Army Values and can work as part of a team.
- The report spoke with great seriousness of the value of women as soldiers, warriors.
- 2 (also warrior pose) Any of a number of standing poses in yoga in which the legs are held apart and the arms are stretched outwards: when you return to downward dog after the first round, add warrior poses I and IIMore example sentences
- Poses like sun salutation and warrior are held for a length of time as each posture works related areas of the body.
- The half moon pose and the warrior and star position also help in shedding the extra pounds.
- Alex tried to slowly rotate her body into a warrior yoga pose, but her legs began to tremble, her arms started flailing and she landed with a splash in the pool.
Middle English: from Old Northern French werreior, variant of Old French guerreior, from guerreier 'make war', from guerre 'war'.