Definition of warrior in English:
1(Especially in former times) a brave or experienced soldier or fighter.
- The kings would go out surrounded by leopards and legions of warriors.
- Our soldiers must be warriors who understand Army Values and can work as part of a team.
- The report spoke with great seriousness of the value of women as soldiers, warriors.
fighter, soldier, serviceman, combatant, mercenary
2 (also warrior pose) Any of a number of standing poses in yoga in which the legs are held apart and the arms are stretched outwards: when you return to downward dog after the first round, add warrior poses I and II
More example sentences
- Power yoga enthusiasts engage the arms, core and legs in a warrior pose, but the foundational elements begin with the feet.
- Doesn't a warrior pose in the park breathing in fresh air sound like a nice change of pace from the hot yoga studio?
- Alex tried to slowly rotate her body into a warrior yoga pose, but her legs began to tremble, her arms started flailing and she landed with a splash in the pool.
Middle English: from Old Northern French werreior, variant of Old French guerreior, from guerreier 'make war', from guerre 'war'.
Words that rhyme with warriorLaurier
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.