(also wassail cup)
- A large bowl in which wassail was made and from which it was dispensed for the drinking of toasts.More example sentences
- Hey, it wouldn't have taken very many of those wassail bowls of Christmas ale to get pretty cheery.
- Wassailers travelled from house to house singing bringing a wassail cup their hosts were expected to fill.
- The wassail bowl is to be emptied, it is considered bad luck for the house for any of the brew to be left.
More definitions of wassail bowlDefinition of wassail bowl in:
- The British & World English dictionary