Definition of water measurer in English:
A long, thin aquatic bug that walks slowly on the surface film of water and spears small prey with its beak.
- Genus Hydrometra, family Hydrometridae, suborder Heteroptera: several species
- Has a broader body than the water measurer and a considerably shorter head, which has largish eyes.
- Right, the water measurer prepares to climb the mensicus by drying its non-wetting claws.
- Other creatures inhabiting the surface film of bog pools are pond skaters, water measurers and water crickets.
Definition of water measurer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.