1A pipe for conveying water.
- The water pipe burst around 1am on Tuesday but the Water Supplies Department was not able to start remedial action until about eight hours later, resulting in the traffic snarl.
- An ecologically-acclaimed wetland in the grounds of a school in Taiwan turned out to be the product of a leaking water pipe.
- And during a work detail in excruciating heat, he discovered a water pipe from which he lapped a pitiful drop or two without sharing it with a cleric laboring nearby.
2A pipe for smoking tobacco, cannabis, etc., that draws the smoke through water to cool it.
- In that room, they were free to relax and had access to magazines, books, a television and a video player and some R-rated movies, along with the use of a water pipe to smoke aromatic tobaccos.
- Children, mainly boys, sit on their fathers' laps; men smoke an Arab water pipe, finger worry beads and chat with one another.
- Other nights he stepped outside to smoke his water pipe, and I could see his figure against the moonlit sky.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: wa·ter pipe
Definition of water pipe in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.