- A plant of the arum family, with heart-shaped leaves, a white spathe, and a green spadix. It grows in swamps and boggy ground in north temperate regions. Also called wild calla.
More example sentences
- Calla palustris, family Araceae
- Mrs. McCarrick's feet were wet this day but her eyes were sharp and her mission was clear: she was at the bog to spot wildflowers, from graceful water arums to insect-devouring pitcher plants.
- They make use of this period of time, counting the number of fish they have caught this year, and presenting dried fish and water arums to each other as gifts.
- The water arum is found in marshes, ditches and shallow water.