- Any of a group of fungi-like organisms that live in water or soil, many of which are parasitic on plants.
More example sentences
- Phlya Chytridiomycota and Oomycota, kingdom Protista
- Their greatest impact on humans, however, comes from the many species of water mold which are parasites on flowering plants.
- Several superintendents dealt with the ‘water mold’ in stride after protecting their fairways, greens and tees with a fungicide preventative, but others were forced to pay for their gamble with Mother Nature.
- The brown ‘algae’ are members of the kingdom-level taxon Chromista, which also includes diatoms, water molds, and coccolithophorids.