Definition of water plantain in English:
An aquatic or marshland plant of north temperate regions, with leaves that resemble those of plantains and a tall stem bearing numerous white or pink flowers.
- Genus Alisma, family Alismataceae: several species, including A. trivale
- He may favor a floating leaf of water plantain (which is plentiful in our creek).
- Wetland communities include, in addition to stands of soft-stem bulrush, very marshy areas with water plantain and broad-leaved arrowhead, two closely related species whose flowers have three white petals.
- Plants and animal species at risk included sphagnum mosses at Moorthwaite Moss, and vendace fish and floating water plantain at Bassenthwaite.
Definition of water plantain in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.