Definition of water plantain in English:
An aquatic or marshland plant of north temperate regions, with leaves that resemble those of plantains and a tall stem bearing numerous white or pink flowers.
- Genus Alisma, family Alismataceae: several species, including A. trivale
- He may favor a floating leaf of water plantain (which is plentiful in our creek).
- Wetland communities include, in addition to stands of soft-stem bulrush, very marshy areas with water plantain and broad-leaved arrowhead, two closely related species whose flowers have three white petals.
- Plants and animal species at risk included sphagnum mosses at Moorthwaite Moss, and vendace fish and floating water plantain at Bassenthwaite.
Definition of water plantain in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan