- The condition of not having access to sufficient water, or water of an adequate quality, to meet one’s basic needs: 250 million more people in Africa will face water poverty by 2020More example sentences
- Most aid packages have, in the past, paid too little attention to tackling water poverty.
- In regions of absolute water poverty, population may become the determining factor, but almost everywhere sound management of the local environment remains the key to freshwater sustainability.
- "We must take the lead and make the hard choices to establish priorities," urged Abu-Zeid, "economic poverty and water poverty are synonymous."
More definitions of water povertyDefinition of water poverty in:
- The British & World English dictionary